- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chips; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in frosting and extract. Spread into prepared pan. Randomly place drops of food coloring over fudge; cut through fudge with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with candies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Peppermint Swirl Fudge
"Turned out great. I hammered the candies (in a baggie) to really small bits, and they covered well without any pieces that would be hard to bite (as per oher reviews). Nice flavor, though I agree with another reviewer... it's not true fudge. Nonetheless it made for a nice treat. I'm going to make it again, this time with spearmint extract and green spearmint candies."
"Very Good and everyone loved it."
"This was quick and easy. Just right for a Holiday recipe. I am going to leave out the crushed peppermint candies next time. Couldn't crush them small enough and they were too hard to bite. I would consider this a candy treat and not a true fudge, but that's just me."
"This is a good recipe for a pretty quick fudge. One tip though, next time I will melt the chips in either a double boiler pan or in the microwave, checking every few seconds for about 30-45 seconds. I started them in a small saucepan on medium heat directly on the burner stirring them constantly and I could see that they would get hot too fast. I took them off the burner as soon as they were soft and stirred in the frosting. I used Cream Cheese frosting because that's what I had on hand. I used the pure peppermint flavor and I think that makes a good difference."
"Yummmie, It was a big hit and will be again this year!!!!!!"