This pepperminty sauce is one of my favorite Christmas gifts to give. I package it in a decorative jar, then add a container of chopped nuts to sprinkle over the topping.
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth and candy is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into small airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator. Serve warm over ice cream or cake. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Peppermint Stick Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p45
Reviews for Peppermint Stick Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review