Peppermint Stick Dessert
With every spoonful of this cool and creamy concoction, my family goes back in time to when our Grandma Dagmar made it each Christmas. The minty, refreshing flavor can't be topped. Dianne Oertel, Racine, Wisconsin
9-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces peppermint candy, crushed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 27 chocolate wafers
- In a small saucepan, combine crushed candy and half-and-half cream.
- Cook over low heat until candy is melted, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir into hot peppermint mixture until dissolved. Refrigerate for 20
- minutes or until mixture begins to set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Crush three chocolate wafers; set aside for garnish. Line a 1-1/2-qt.
- serving bowl with 12 wafers. Top with half of the peppermint
- mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chocolate crumbs. Refrigerate
- for at least 8 hours. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 250 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.