Peppermint Ribbon Cookies Recipe
My daughter's favorite Christmas cookie, these mild peppermint confections add color and variety to a platter of holiday goodies.—Virgina Strout, Sherbrooke, Quebec
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 to 9 drops each red and green food coloring
- 1. Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with waxed paper; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough into thirds. Add red food coloring to one portion; spread evenly into prepared pan. Spread second portion over first layer. Add green food coloring to third portion; spread over second layer. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Using waxed paper, lift dough out of pan. Gently peel off waxed paper. Cut dough into thirds lengthwise. Cut each portion into 1/4-in. slices.
- 4. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 cookie equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Ribbon Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC