Peppermint Ribbon Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in the extract, food coloring and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining plain batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peppermint Ribbon Cake(32)
Sort By :
I was a little skeptical at first about a peppermint cake. But it was quick and easy, and not chocolate, which I am allergic to, so I decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did! This was very easy to make, and oh so yummy! I crushed up candy canes instead of mints, and omg, I loved it! I will be making this again! It's really good!
I have made this a few times. I have used green instead of red and it looks fine both ways.
Made this for our ladies Christmas luncheon at church. They loved it, even though my top stuck some. That's what I get for not reading the reviews first. But I will definitely make it again, and grease and flour my pan more. If you use 20 pieces of peppermint Starlight candies the amount comes out perfect.
I tried to make this cake twice and both times it stuck to the bundt pan and was ruined - so I thought! Instead I made a Peppermint Trifle out of the two cakes! I broke up the cakes and alternated layers of cake and Cool Whip in a large clear bowl. It was an awesome Christmas treat. I'm making it again this year - It was a big hit!
My granddaughter made this cake and brought it to our house for Thanksgiving. Everyone enjoyed it a lot. It was not only good, but was very attractive.