- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in the extract, food coloring and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining plain batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peppermint Ribbon Cake
Sort By :
"This dry, crumbly cake turned out impossible to eat. Tasty, use it as the cake pop crumbles.We did make it with egg replacer, but it was impossibly dry."
"Very easy to make and everyone in the family enjoyed it. Will make it again."
"I should have read the reviews! This cake is super yummy... however, make SURE you grease and flour the pan heavily. I lost about a third of it due to sticking to the pan. Also, when I was smashing the last two candy canes, I found the perfect method: Triple bag them (one ziploc on the inside, then two plain sandwich bags around that. Lay them flat on a plastic cutting board and smash down with a saucepan. SO MUCH EASIER than trying to pulverize them with a wooden spoon! Enjoy!"
"I made this cake on Christmas Eve to take as one (of many) desserts on Christmas Day at my mum's. It smells delightful while baking!! After reading through reviews, I decided to pulverize my box of 12 candy canes (enough dust to make 2 cakes!). I greased and floured a bundt pan well, and had no problems with the cake sticking. I was really afraid the 1/2 cup of candy canes and 1/2 tsp of peppermint would be "over-kill", but it was just right. Not only that, it LOOKED like the picture. 2 thumbs up for this wonderful holiday recipe!"
"I was a little skeptical at first about a peppermint cake. But it was quick and easy, and not chocolate, which I am allergic to, so I decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did! This was very easy to make, and oh so yummy! I crushed up candy canes instead of mints, and omg, I loved it! I will be making this again! It's really good!"