Peppermint Ribbon Cake Recipe
With its pretty pink layer and fabulous mint flavor, this is a great holiday dessert. Because I work full-time, I like the fact that it calls for a convenient cake mix. —Lisa M. Varner, El Paso, Texas
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in the extract, food coloring and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- 2. Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining plain batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 300 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC