Peppermint Puff Pastry Sticks Recipe
I wanted to impress my husband's family with something you'd expect to find in a European bakery, and these chocolaty treats are what I came up with. The flaky pastry melts in your mouth. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:40 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold pastry sheet. Cut in half to form two rectangles. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 18 strips, about 1/2 in. wide. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place crushed candies in a shallow bowl. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC