Peppermint Puff Pastry Sticks Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold pastry sheet. Cut in half to form two rectangles. Cut each rectangle crosswise into 18 strips, about 1/2 in. wide. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place crushed candies in a shallow bowl. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with peppermint candies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 80 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Peppermint Puff Pastry Sticks
"p.s. I didn't cook for 12 to 15 min....kept a close eye and it was closer to 10....but some people may need to get their ovens recalibrated..."
"Very easy, I substituted crushed peppermint for coarse sugar crystals and toffee bits. Yummy."
"what part of this recipe is diabetic friendly? the sugar laden candy coating or the peppermint??"
"really? 400 degrees for 15 minutes?"