Peppermint Pretzel Dippers Recipe
"A friend fixed these treats and gave them away in pretty canning jars," recalls Michelle Krzmarzick of Torrance, California. "The combination of sweet, salty and peppermint is just right," she adds. Try dipping them in white candy coating and rolling them in crushed candy canes for variety.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 40 red and/or green hard mint candies, crushed
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Break each pretzel rod in half. Dip the broken end about halfway into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in crushed candies. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint Pretzel Dippers in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p8
Reviews for Peppermint Pretzel Dippers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2009
we love this recipe! fun to make for the holidays.
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2009
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >