Peppermint Potato Candy Recipe
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Press into a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-3/4 pounds.
2 each: 271 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Potato Candy
"These are very good and super sweet. Next time I think I'll use either wax paper or parchment paper to line the pan. Don't let the chocolate get too hard. It cracks when you try to cut it. ;)"