Peppermint Potato Candy Recipe
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Press into a foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-3/4 pounds.
Reviews for Peppermint Potato Candy
Sort By :
These are very good and super sweet. Next time I think I'll use either wax paper or parchment paper to line the pan. Don't let the chocolate get too hard. It cracks when you try to cut it. ;)
We love this recipe...especially since I don't eat chocolate. I can still enjoy the wonderful minty taste...I just leave off the chocolate, so our whole family can eat it. Yum!