- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, eggs and oil; beat until well blended. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"These were really good though the centers could have been a firmer set for biting into. They didn't last long!"
"I made these to taketo work fo St Patrick's Day.They were a hit. I agree with dogcat_8 -the dough would stick to the glass. And these do take a while to make from start to finish. Plus, mine came out plumper than the pictures, so eating just one cookie was to much for me. But everyone liked them! They could use a little more peppermint extract."
"These cookies turned out good but they weren't the easiest to make. The dough was VERY stiff and sticky and it was impossible to "roll" them in your hand. I had to use a cookie scooper and even that was tough. Forget using the bottom of a glass to flatten them either! The dough stuck right to the glass. I had to use a floured fork to flatten them. I wouldn't even attempt to put them on a regular cookie sheet. I used parchment paper. The icing was good along with the final cookie, but just a pain to work with the dough."
"These cookies are so good and you can vary the filling for holidays or anydays!! Kids love them and they don't last long at our house!!"
"A friend brought these for our annual Thanksmas party last night. They are delicious and I can't wait to make them for my family Christmas!"