Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies Recipe
These cookies are a hit with kids and adults at my annual party. For extra flair, mix food coloring or crushed candy canes into the filling. — Amy Martin, Vancouver, Washington
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, eggs and oil; beat until well blended. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- 2. Bake 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 4. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie equals 231 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC