Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mixes, eggs and oil; beat until well blended. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and extract until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies(2)
Sort By :
does this mean i have to use real butter and canola oil or can i use veg. oil and substitute veg. oil?
My thirteen year old son made these this evening and they were delicious! He is fairly new to baking and the recipe was easy for him to follow and not to finicky. He took the suggestion to add a hint of green food coloring and was so proud of his results. I'm sure this will become a new family favorite.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Peppermint Cookies >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwich Cookies >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Dessert Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >