This fancy-looking cake can be prepared in a flash on a rainy day and stored in the freezer for later use," remarks Nancy Horsburgh of Everett, Ontario. "It's light, minty and a real hit with guests who think you're showing off!"
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 6 chocolate-covered peppermint patties (1.5 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream, peppermint patties, pecans, extract and a few drops of food coloring if desired. Spread a third of the mixture over bottom cake layer. Top with a second cake layer and another portion of ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer just before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Ice Cream Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p36
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peppermint Patty Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review