Peppermint Patty Cheesecake Recipe
Our Test Kitchen captures the coolness of winter in this rich and refreshing dessert. Lower in fat and cholesterol, it's an indulgence you can afford!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 chocolate-covered peppermint patties, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth; beat in milk and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Coarsely chop eight peppermint patties; toss with flour. Stir into batter. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 32-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Cut remaining peppermint patties into quarters; arrange on top of cheesecake. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 228 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC