- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread about two-thirds of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange peppermint patties over top. Carefully spread remaining batter over patties. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top will appear uneven). Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Patty Brownies
"Have made these a lot. So good."
"As others have said, I also had to bake mine longer than specified. I used Andes Mint instead of peppermint patties because family likes them better. I also cut down the sugar just a tad."
"Make this recipe a couple times a year--it's just too rich to make more often (but we'd like to!) We've also made it with peanut butter cups instead of peppermint patties. Just awesome! I do bake them about 45-50 minutes."
"These brownies were EXCELLENT! Easy and quick to make, and my kids absolutely loved them!"
"I had the same difficulty as the previous poster--the patties sunk to the bottom and glued themselves to the pan. I'm hoping I can salvage it."