Peppermint Patties Recipe
My family loves these refreshing candies. At Christmastime, I like to add a few drops of green food coloring to the mixture before shaping and dipping them in chocolate.
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and extract until smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls and flatten into patties. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave, melt half of candy coating at a time; dip patties into chocolate. Let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 12 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Patties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC