Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and extract until smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls and flatten into patties. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave, melt half of candy coating at a time; dip patties into chocolate. Let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 12 dozen.
2 each: 186 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Peppermint Patties
"This was so dry it would not mix. I added 3 oz. of cream cheese and it worked out much better. I also added 5 tsp. of peppermint extract because when you dip them in chocolate, it loses some of the flavor. With those changes, I have made these the past 2 years and everyone loves them."