My family loves these refreshing candies. At Christmastime, I like to add a few drops of green food coloring to the mixture before shaping and dipping them in chocolate.
72-78 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and extract
- until smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls and flatten into patties.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt half of candy coating at a time; dip patties
- into chocolate. Let excess drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined
- baking sheets until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about
- 12 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.