Peppermint Patties Brownies Recipe
I think these are the best brownies around. They've always been well received by friends and family. My brother-in-law likes them so much that I made him a gift for his birthday, Christmas and other holidays.—Tami Somorajski, New Berlin, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 5 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 44 chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil. Melt 1 tablespoon butter; brush over foil and set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in the vanilla, almond extract, coffee mixture and chocolate until fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Top with a layer of peppermint patties, filling in the gaps with peppermint pieces. Top with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 23-27 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, remove brownies from pan. Chill for 6 hours or overnight before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC