Peppermint Mousse Recipe
This dessert is refreshing and mildly minty. It is a wonderful way to end a holiday meal or a delicious dessert throughout the year.—Julie Moyer, Union Grove, Wisconsin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh mint and additional peppermint patties, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk and peppermint patties; stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until candies and gelatin are dissolved. Add vanilla and salt.
- 2. Pour into a large bowl; place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is cooled and thickened. Beat for 1 minute or until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with mint and peppermint patties if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC