This dessert is refreshing and mildly minty. It is a wonderful way to end a holiday meal or a delicious dessert throughout the year.—Julie Moyer, Union Grove, Wisconsin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh mint and additional peppermint patties, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk and peppermint patties; stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until candies and gelatin are dissolved. Add vanilla and salt.
- Pour into a large bowl; place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture is cooled and thickened. Beat for 1 minute or until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into serving dishes. Garnish with mint and peppermint patties if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Mousse in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p9
Reviews for Peppermint Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2015
"This is very easy to make, a perfect dessert for a hot summer day when you don't feel like turning on the oven. It was a big hit with my family."