- peaks form. Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer half of the meringue
- to another bowl. Fold peppermint candies into one portion and
- spearmint candies into the remaining portion.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Drop meringue
- by teaspoonfuls into the center of each cookie. Bake at 325° for
- 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Any extra meringue can be dropped by tablespoons onto baking sheets and baked as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 97 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.