Peppermint Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Meltaways
Sort By :
"They really do melt away in your mouth."
"These were wonderful"
"My cookies turned out very pretty. I added a few drops of green food coloring for Christmas. I will probably not make again though--the taste of the cornstarch is very overpowering."
"These are great cookies. This is my first year making them and it will not be the last. I had a lot of fun making them. I used peppermint oil in stead of extract!"
"I've been baking these for my Christmas cookie trays since they first appeared in S&D in 2008. EAveryone loves them! They instantly became my oldest grandson's favorite dessert (he was only 8 then--still his favorite, today! They took 1st place at our Christmas cookie contest one year ,too! Thanks for the GREAT cookie recipe!!ToniGommy of 5 (and "pending")"