Peppermint Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Meltaways
Sort By :
"I made these cookies for my cookie party with all my friends and they were one of the worst cookies we have ever tasted. There was way too cornstarch and it overpowered the cookies so screw you and screw your recipe and screw everybody who said the these cookies were good. Thank you."
"Very delicious! And they did melt in your mouth! My family loved these cookies and I will be making them every Christmas!"
"My family loved these cookies."
"I make these every year, and it is only a 1/4 cup corn starch, 1 1/2 cups flour!"
"Good recipe. Looks pretty on my cookie gift plates. A little too much cornstarch taste for me. Will cut it down next time."