It never ceases to amaze our family and friends to see warm chocolate pudding ooze out of the center of the tender chocolate cake. You may also serve lava cakes with whipped cream or ice cream. Variation: Orange Chocolate Lava Cakes Substitute the peppermint extract with 3/4 teaspoon orange extract and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of orange zest.—Carolyn Crotser, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, eggs, egg yolks and extract until blended. Fold in flour.
- Transfer to four generously greased 4-oz ramekins. Bake on a baking sheet until a thermometer reads 160° and edges of cakes are set, 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Run a knife around sides of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Lava Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017
Reviews for Peppermint Lava Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review