Peppermint Kisses Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes (one green, one red), crushed
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy.
- 2. Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut a 1-in. hole in a corner.
- 3. Squeeze 1-1/2-in. kisses of meringue onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle half with red crushed candy canes and half with green candy canes.
- 4. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until dry but not brown. Cool; remove from foil. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 32 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Kisses
"I probably should have beaten the egg whites a while longer, since they weren't as stiff as I would have liked. The cookies still look beautiful and were nice and crunchy after 1 1/2 hours."
"These are easy and fun to make. My boys help me crush the candy canes and I put the mixture into a piping frosting bag with an open star tip and they are very cute. My 5th grader just loves these. When I asked what he wanted to bring for his class Christmas party he said "glass cookies!" That is what he calls them. :)"
"I like to tint them lightly."
"A nice healthy alternative sweet treat :)"
"Very easy to make and very tasty. Used red and green striped candy canes. Piped them out on the smaller size so it made a lot of kisses. Great addition to our cookie trays. Will make again."
"This is a family favorite...everyone askes me to make this every year"