Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without these cute-as-can-be treats. Fudgy-rich chocolate cookies with refreshing mint flavor, soft marshmallow, crunchy candy...it’s a must-try holiday recipe! —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half lengthwise
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, beat the yogurt, butter and extract until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Place a marshmallow half on each cookie; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallow is puffed. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk and extract until smooth. Gradually stir in melted chocolate. Drizzle over marshmallows; sprinkle with candies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint-Kissed Fudge Mallow Cookies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p31
Reviews for Peppermint-Kissed Fudge Mallow Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review