Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert
These individual sundae-like treats are a snap to prepare with crumbled cookies, minty ice cream and a dollop of flavored whipped cream.—Virginia Conley, Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken
- 1 quart peppermint stick or mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Miniature candy canes and additional cookies, optional
- Sprinkle the broken cookies into four dessert dishes. Top with scoops
- of ice cream.
- In a bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until soft
- peaks form. Dollop over ice cream. Garnish with candy canes and
- additional cookies if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 446 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.