Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Recipe
When Crafting Traditions staffers saw the enticing cake recipe Gloria shared recently, they excitedly added it to our sweet gathering of birthday treats. And for good reason—to make it, Gloria uses candy-flavored ice cream! "This is the kind of dessert that's perfect for any special occasion," Gloria comments. "Traditionally, I fix it for our December 24 celebration." What's also nice is the fact that the cake can be made a few days ahead and stored in the freezer until the celebration starts. "It always looks fresh and tastes great," Gloria assures.
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 gallon peppermint stick ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Peppermint candy canes or crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. Grate or shave 2 tablespoons of chocolate from candy bar; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and remaining chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 2. Pour over cereal and stir to coat. Press into the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spoon ice cream over crust. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with the shaved chocolate. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Top with candy. Remove cake from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; cut with a sharp knife and serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 487 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC