Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 gallon peppermint stick ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Peppermint candy canes or crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. Grate or shave 2 tablespoons of chocolate from candy bar; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and remaining chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 2. Pour over cereal and stir to coat. Press into the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spoon ice cream over crust. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with the shaved chocolate. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Top with candy. Remove cake from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; cut with a sharp knife and serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 487 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
"I have made this for our family Christmas gathering several times, it is always a hit. I have also changed it up and used chocolate ice cream for my husband who loves his chocolate. When I use chocolate ice cream I decorate with chocolate shavings and pieces."