Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 gallon peppermint stick ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Peppermint candy canes or crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. Grate or shave 2 tablespoons of chocolate from candy bar; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and remaining chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 2. Pour over cereal and stir to coat. Press into the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spoon ice cream over crust. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with the shaved chocolate. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Top with candy. Remove cake from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan; cut with a sharp knife and serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 487 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
"I have made this for our family Christmas gathering several times, it is always a hit. I have also changed it up and used chocolate ice cream for my husband who loves his chocolate. When I use chocolate ice cream I decorate with chocolate shavings and pieces."