Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 spearmint or peppermint candies, crushed
- Additional crushed peppermint candies, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until steaming. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the crushed candies. Ladle hot chocolate into mugs; dollop with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional candies if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Sort By :
"We have reviewed this recipe again and made a few changes to make it healthier. Originally, whole milk was used. We've changed it to 2% milk (1% or fat-free could be used if desired). The whipping cream has been reduced to 1/2 cup and the servings have been changed to 6. These changes reduce the total fat to 23g and the calories to 380. (For an additional savings of 5g fat per serving, substitute 1 cup whipped topping for the whipping cream.)These changes will be updated on the recipe soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Regarding the nutrition facts, keep in mind this is a very rich, decadent beverage. However, here are some suggestions to lighten it. The recipe is currently calculated with whole milk; if you use 2% milk instead you'll save 3 g fat and 44 calories in each serving. Also, if you switch from whipping cream to half-and-half you'll save another 12 g fat and 80 calories per serving. If you make these changes you will be compromising a bit of the richness, but the great chocolate and peppermint flavor will still be there. Another idea to save fat and calories is to drink smaller portions. Instead of only serving 4, divide it amongst 6 or 8 servings.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Sounds delicious, but who can afford 42g of fat in ONE cup???"