More than a hint of cool mint makes this delicious sipper a special switch from traditional hot chocolate. Besides the rich beverage that's quick to fix, a dollop of whipped cream with crushed candy tops each mug lusciously. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 spearmint or peppermint candies, crushed
- Additional crushed peppermint candies, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until steaming. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the crushed candies. Ladle hot chocolate into mugs; dollop with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional candies if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Hot Chocolate in Country Woman July/August 2001, p19
Reviews for Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review