Peppermint Hard Candy Recipe
This easy-to-make clear hard candy has a mint flavor from the combination of peppermint and vanilla extracts. Plus, the eye-catching sweets won't stick to your teeth.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts and food coloring. Pour into prepared pan. Cool; break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 261 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 0g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Peppermint Hard Candy
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2015
"Great recipe. Easy To Make."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC