Peppermint Hard Candy Recipe
This easy-to-make clear hard candy has a mint flavor from the combination of peppermint and vanilla extracts. Plus, the eye-catching sweets won't stick to your teeth.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts and food coloring. Pour into prepared pan. Cool; break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 261 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC