This easy-to-make clear hard candy has a mint flavor from the combination of peppermint and vanilla extracts. Plus, the eye-catching sweets won't stick to your teeth.
Featured In: 20 Recipes for Homemade Christmas Candy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring, optional
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in extracts and food coloring. Pour into prepared pan. Cool; break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Peppermint Hard Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p37
Reviews for Peppermint Hard Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2015
"Great recipe. Easy To Make."