Peppermint Grasshopper Torte Recipe
This three-layer ice cream cake takes a bit of time to prepare, but it can be done in advance. Guests will rave about each refreshing slice.—Eileen Putsey, Cesarea, Ontario
- 2 cups chocolate wafers (about 40)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, peppermint candies and mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Tint ice cream with green food coloring. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marshmallow creme and milk. Add extract and red food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, candies and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Grasshopper Torte
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC