Peppermint Fudge Truffles
These candy-coated bites always stand out among my holiday goodies. No one can resist the creamy fudge and refreshing peppermint flavor. —Tracy Travers, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1-1/2 cups peppermint crunch baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts or pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips; stir until
- smooth. Stir in the frosting, 1/2 cup peppermint chips, walnuts and
- extract. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm enough to form
- into balls.
- Coarsely chop remaining peppermint chips. Shape chocolate mixture
- into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped chips. Store in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.