Peppermint Fudge Brownies Recipe
This is a delicious brownie dressed up with creamy peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate ganache.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 3 tablespoons cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract, remaining cream and food coloring if desired. Beat until smooth. Frost brownies. Drizzle chocolate over top. Yield: 9 brownies.
1 brownie equals 407 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC