This is a delicious brownie dressed up with creamy peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate ganache.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 3 tablespoons cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract, remaining cream and food coloring if desired. Beat until smooth. Frost brownies. Drizzle chocolate over top. Yield: 9 brownies.
Originally published as Peppermint Brownies in Reminisce Extra March 2011, p53
Reviews for Peppermint Fudge Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review