- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour, cocoa, sugar, chocolate chips and peppermint candies, pressing down to fit if needed. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, until blended. Gradually add brownie mix, mixing well. If desired, stir in walnuts. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint-Fudge Brownie Mix in Country Woman December/January 2015
Reviews for Peppermint-Fudge Brownie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2014
"I made these brownies and they were very good. I thought the peppermint flavor could have been stronger, though. My friend tried putting the ingredients indicated in a quart jar and they didn't fit!"