Peppermint Crumb Squares Recipe
Although I have a boxful of recipes, I often opt to make up my own. My granddaughter likes to eat these bars when she visits.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until crumbly. Press 2 cups into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set remaining crumb mixture aside. Bake the crust at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, heat milk and vanilla chips until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over hot crust and spread evenly. Combine the candy and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake for 18-22 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC