- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour; beat until crumbly. Press 2 cups into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set remaining crumb mixture aside. Bake the crust at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, heat milk and vanilla chips until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over hot crust and spread evenly. Combine the candy and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Crumb Squares(1)
Sort By :
I have a mini food processor I use frequently for nuts, and thinking I could use that for the peppermints, I was wrong..I broke the machine! Thankfully, though, I had some pecans I had chopped in it (saved), I used them instead. I also used the whole crust instead of saving some for the topping. All in all, this was very good. Thank you!,