Peppermint Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with whipping cream. Fold in candies.
- 2. Transfer to a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in enough cream to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with additional candies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 649 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Cream Pound Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.