Peppermint Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with whipping cream. Fold in candies.
- 2. Transfer to a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in enough cream to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with additional candies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 649 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Cream Pound Cake
"I made this for Christmas Eve 2015. The cake got stuck in my pan - so if doing again, I think I'll Crisco the bundt pan and then spray with Pam. My kids loved it; my husband and I thought the cake was okay. It's very festive for the holidays! (The icing helped cover up my cake that didn't look very pretty from being stuck in the pan!)"
"I had been looking at this recipe for ages and finally got around to making it, and I was NOT dissapointed. The only thing I changed is I added red food coloring until the batter was a nice pink...... thought it made it look more peppermint-y. Absolutely delicious cake!! Such a yummy flavour when you want a change from chocolate or fruit desserts."
"It's got to be the best cake EVER!!! It came out perfectly and everyone who tried it loved it!!"
"I prepared this cake for a family gathering. It was a hit!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.