Peppermint Cream Pound Cake Recipe
"I came up with this recipe because I was looking for a new twist on a tried and true pound cake, and I really like the look and flavor of peppermint, especially around Christmas. Everyone at work loved the results, and my family did, too." – Carolyn Webster, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with whipping cream. Fold in candies.
- Transfer to a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir in enough cream to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with additional candies. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Cream Pound Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p95
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peppermint Cream Pound Cake(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >