Peppermint Cookies Recipe
These drop cookies have a touch of peppermint candy in every bite. They're so easy to make and taste so good, that you should plan on making more than one batch for the holidays.—Donna Lock, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candy.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC