These drop cookies have a touch of peppermint candy in every bite. They're so easy to make and taste so good, that you should plan on making more than one batch for the holidays.Donna Lock, Fort Collins, Colorado
21 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually
- stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candy.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.