- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candy.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Cookies
"They came out with no mess, but were they supposed to be so dry and crumbly? I followed the directions to a T! Maybe next time I'll use less flour."
"Awesome. You can sub the butter flavored shortening with butter."
"Nice melt in your mouth texture. The first batch did melt all over, the second batch I rolled into balls and they came out picture perfect. I thought they could have had a stronger mint tase so next time I will add some mint extract to the dough. And you have to make sure that the candy canes are finely crushed or they will melt all over."
"The cookies tasted good. Well what you could get off the pan. I greased the pan and the cookies stuck to them. My cookies turned into a crumbled mess."
"My friends and i have been making this cookie for 4 years and every year, everyone ask when the cookies are coming, because they love the candy cane cookies."