Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candy.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Cookies(5)
Sort By :
Nice melt in your mouth texture. The first batch did melt all over, the second batch I rolled into balls and they came out picture perfect. I thought they could have had a stronger mint tase so next time I will add some mint extract to the dough. And you have to make sure that the candy canes are finely crushed or they will melt all over.
The cookies tasted good. Well what you could get off the pan. I greased the pan and the cookies stuck to them. My cookies turned into a crumbled mess.
My friends and i have been making this cookie for 4 years and every year, everyone ask when the cookies are coming, because they love the candy cane cookies.
I would bet this would be a perfect place to use the Andes peppermint crunch pieces in a bag in the baking area of the grocers. (They look like crushed peppermint candies, but I have not noticed sticky or messy.)
The crushed peppermint candies melted and got very sticky when cooked, making it difficult to remove from the cooking sheet, even with greasing it first. Candy sticks to teeth too. I will look for a different type cookie next year.