These drop cookies have a touch of peppermint candy in every bite. They're so easy to make and taste so good, that you should plan on making more than one batch for the holidays.—Donna Lock, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candy.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1992, p35
Reviews for Peppermint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review