Peppermint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Refreshing mint filling sandwiched between two chocolate cookies makes for some tasty Noel nibbling.
84 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with
- milk, beating well after each addition. Shape into two 10-1/2-in.
- rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.