Peppermint Chocolate Malt Recipe
I'm a retired teacher and an avid recipe contest entrant. I concocted this recipe, and my family and friends love these thick and minty malts.—Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons malted milk powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crushed peppermint candy and variegated mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, 2 cups ice cream, 1/3 cup malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, extract and cinnamon. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into five chilled glasses. Top each with a scoop of the remaining ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk powder. Garnish with candy and mint if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 422 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Chocolate Malt
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"kids loved it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC