Peppermint Chocolate Malt
I'm a retired teacher and an avid recipe contest entrant. I concocted this recipe, and my family and friends love these thick and minty malts.Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups chocolate milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons malted milk powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crushed peppermint candy and variegated mint leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, 2 cups ice cream, 1/3 cup malted milk
- powder, chocolate syrup, extract and cinnamon. Cover and process
- until smooth. Pour into five chilled glasses. Top each with a scoop
- of the remaining ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining malted milk
- powder. Garnish with candy and mint if desired. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.