Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in crushed candies.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Lightly press a chocolate chunk into each ball.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
"Are you sure about the carb count on this recipe?"