Peppermint Chocolate Cookies Recipe
This recipe has been in our family for the past 40 years. It doesn't seem like Christmas if we do not make these cookies.—Deborah Paugh, Fostoria, Ohio
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in crushed candies.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Lightly press a chocolate chunk into each ball.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 93 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC