- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in crushed candies.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Lightly press a chocolate chunk into each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p63
Reviews for Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2011
"Are you sure about the carb count on this recipe?"