Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
People are thrilled when they see me coming with this rich, smooth cheesecake—it's always a crowd pleaser. Not only does it look sensational, but it is so scrumptious. —Carrie Price, Ottawa, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips or 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chips. Pour into crust. (Pan will be full.) Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 5. For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir one-fourth whipped topping into mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Spread or pipe onto cheesecake. Garnish with miniature candy canes if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice (calculated without candy canes) equals 711 calories, 51 g fat (33 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC