Peppermint Charlotte Recipe
My guests always save room for this pretty pink peppermint dessert. You'll know why after just one cool and fluffy bite.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 ladyfingers, split
- 1. In a saucepan, soften gelatin in milk for 1 minute. Stir in sugar and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan. Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a metal spoon or reaches 160° (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Add candy and food coloring; stir until candy is dissolved.
- 3. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken, about 30 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Place ladyfinger halves around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Pour mixture into center of pan. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 262 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Charlotte
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC