Peppermint Cereal Squares
Our 15 grandchildren expect me to make several batches of these minty treats each Christmas. Their quick-and-easy preparation is appreciated during a hectic time of year. Carole Coe, South Sutton, New Hampshire
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 40 large marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir butter and
- marshmallows until melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in cereal and candy; mix well. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press mixture into pan. Cool; cut into squares.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.